THE LIBERTARIAN ENTERPRISE
Number 596, November 21, 2010
"Protecting our lives by depriving us of
any reason we might have for living them"
The State Owns Your Sorry AssLiterally!
Attribute to The Libertarian Enterprise
I've been threatening for some time to re-enter the anti-imperial fray and now, between bouts of this winter's cold virus and fervent prayers for global warming, I've finally become angry enough to to so. What, you might ask, could so irritate your kindly Kaptain as to cause another entry in his infamous Log? It's the God damned police state at the airports, you won't be surprised to learn.
As faithful readers of my occasional philippics well know, I have not been a fan of the incompetence and indifference of the airlines and the airports' personnel for a long time already. Then the State decided that something had to be done to make air travel even more of an over-priced indignity, so both the American and Canadian governments made "enhanced security" police states of every airport in North America. (Of course, this is being done in the name of The War on Terrorism, which is actually a war of terrorism against the citizenry.)
Not content with merely murdering the occasional travellerand even immigrants like Robert Dziekanskithe ghouls who misgovern us instituted the TSA and CATSA to bully and humiliate everyone who has the audacity to exercise his God-given right to move freely about. You all know about the "back-scatter" porno X-ray machines being installed at every major (and eventually, no doubt, all the minor) airports in North America: the TSA/CATSA mental cases who either cannot or will not do productive work have apparently gained the approval of their parole officers to skip their sex offender classes so that they can live off the taxpayers by giggling at naked images of air passengers.
Some are going to call these comments "harsh" or "unfair", but they either have not read the news storiesof convicted sex offenders working for the TSA, of a TSA supervisor mocking an employee about the size of his genitals when they were practicing using the scanners until the guy took out his baton and beat the penis commentator, of children and pregnant women being sexually fondled by the don't-ask-don't-tell sickos of the TSA, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseumor they just don't care about such obscene violations of human rights. And when even the government-mouthpiece mainstream media are enraged enough to publish these incidents, you know that things have gone way beyond the usual government thuggery.
In any case, it has by now become clear that the State is bent on forcing all air travellers, including pregnant mothers and children, to accept unhealthy doses of radiation in the process of accumulating a massive computer database of nude images of said pilgrims. Government lies to the contrary, those images can and most likely will be kept and the radiation, according to health professionals who are not in the pay of the State, is truly a threat to the health of passengers and aircrew.
The only reason for the "enhanced" groping of those who opt out is to intimidate people into going passively through the porno scanners like so many bleating sheep, as witness the threat to rob those who object of a "fine" of $11,000. (And just when you think you've seen the ultimate in chutzpah the State justifies this fine because standing up for one's rights is "obstructing" other passengers!) The TSA is even grounding pilots as "unfit to fly" when they refuse to accept these threats to their health and safety.
So now we arrive at the question of the century: what, if anything, are you and I going to do about it? For this fight against police statism is the single most important issue facing those who value liberty today. If we accept this very first step to absolute Big Brother style totalitarianism, the rest of the slippery downhill slope is going to get very steep very quickly. If we fight back in serious and effective ways, more of us will suffer financial losses and even fines and imprisonment but we have a good chance of winning the first battle in what is now an undeclared War Against Liberty by the madmen of big government.
I suggest that we abandon the traditional libertarian tactic of just talking ourselves blue in the face. I suggest that we actually do several things:
1. Join the Opt Out movement at American Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Either do not fly at all or "opt out" of the porno scanning.
2. Conspicuously write down the identification numbers of all TSA/CATSA employees in sight. If any of them violates your right to security of your person, especially if you feel that you have been "patted down" in a sexual way, bring charges against them with the local police.
3. Boycott air travel for the foreseeable future by not travelling except in the case of either business necessity or family emergency, etc.
4. Organise everyone you know to do likewise.
5. Write your congresscritter, senator, MP, MLA, local airport authority, major airlines with whom you fly, hotels where you have stayed during air travel, chambers of commerce in those places to which you have travelled, local newspapers, and your Aunt Minnie in Moose Jaw to explain why you will not be travelling by air unless and until the TSA and CATSA are disbanded. Inform them that you do not feel safer by having your health and dignity violated by gangs of double-digit I.Q. dregs of humanity.
6. Print and distribute leaflets encouraging others to join the boycott in your community. Try to organise friends, family and total strangers to join you.
7. Demonstrate outside government buildings, etc., to publicise the struggle for liberty in travel.
8. Support those who are attacked by the apparatus of the "security" state. If somebody is fined, raise money to help him pay it. If a pilot is grounded, do all you can to support him.
9. Remember this: "I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I should do and, with the help of God, I will do!"Nathan Hale
10. Don't give up until the day you have no more interest in living a life of...
...Peace and Liberty.