THE LIBERTARIAN ENTERPRISE
Number 504, February 1, 2009
"Their dream is the impossible one, as
they must Control 300 million Americans"
Attribute to The Libertarian Enterprise
Which of the following quotes were taken from speeches by President Obama and which were taken from those of ex-Governor Blagojevich?
1. A successful economic development strategy must focus on improving the skills of the area's workforce, reducing the cost of doing business and making available the resources business needs to compete and thrive in today's global economy.
2. Ask any woman and she'll tell you: health care for women is more expensive than it is for men. In fact, during their reproductive years, women spend 68% more on health care than men do.
3. For the same reason we don't allow kids to buy pornography, for the same reason we don't allow kids to buy cigarettes, for the same reason we don't allow kids to buy alcohol, we shouldn't allow them to go to stores and buy video games.
4. I cannot swallow whole the view of Lincoln as the Great Emancipator.
5. Community colleges play an important role in helping people transition between careers by providing the retooling they need to take on a new career.
6. Health care is not a privilege. It's a right. It's a right as fundamental as civil rights. It's a right as fundamental as giving every child a chance to get a public education.
7. I know each fund has its supporters, and that some will not want to see the surplus go to schools. But, in tough times, you have to set priorities. And our priority is education.
8. Issues are never simple. One thing I'm proud of is that very rarely will you hear me simplify the issues.
9. Kids today are technologically sophisticated. In many families, they are far ahead of their parents.
10. Let's put aside the politics and trust the people. Let's embrace the unique opportunity we all have; take the heat and make the hard and difficult decisions, knowing that we're doing it to make things better for the people of Illinois.
11. One of the greatest challenges in collecting child support is that deadbeat dads move from job to job and state to state. it's hard to keep track of them.
12. I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody.
13. Our children's health and well-being are dependent on our commitment to promoting food access and good eating habits at home, at school and in the community.
14. Parents don't need government to raise their kids. That's their job. But government can help them protect their children from influences they may not want their kids exposed to.
15. Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.
16. Part of protecting our homeland means being less dependent on foreign countries for our energy.
17. Whatever happened to a sense of idealism and embracing an idea that will help people and, in this case, children?
18. Why can't I just eat my waffle?
Here are the correct answers:
Obama 4, 5, 8, 12, 15, 18
Find Books on Sale at AbeBooks.com
Help Support TLE by patronizing our advertisers and affiliates.
We cheerfully accept donations!